Table of Contents
Here are 6 hacks to Fix iOS app crashes by phone repairing experts
Apps often freeze or quit unexpectedly after launching. It is however a frustrating experience to have your favorite iPhone or iPad apps crashed. To save you from the inconvenience, we have explained the best troubleshooting ways to fix the frozen app issues on IOS devices.
Free Up The Storage Space
- Problems with apps can arise when there is not enough storage space on the device. That means some cleaning will do you good. We all keep unnecessary apps, videos, photos, and songs on our devices even when most of these are already backed up.
It is advisable to put some effort into cleaning up the storage space on your device. Delete the songs, images, and videos that are no longer needed. Once you are done freeing up the space try and reopen the app to see if it works.
Quit And Re-Launch
If your app stops working, force quit the app and re-launch it. Here is how you can quit and re-launch your app:
- Open the recently used apps by double-clicking on the home button
- Find the app that is causing trouble and swipe it up to quit
- Return to the home screen and tap on the app icon to reopen it
Update The Apps
- It is important to ensure that applications on your smart device are up to date. If you encounter problems with any of the apps go to the app store and see if there is a new version of that app. Tap on the update to install the latest updates of the app.
- A wide range of problems can be fixed simply by updating the software. The fix for the apps does not always lie in the app itself. Sometimes the bugs in the software can cause the apps to crash and freeze.
When it comes to security and performance, every new version of IOS offers various improvements. New features and bug fixes are introduced every time you opt for a software update.
Steps To Update The Software
Before attempting the software update, make sure your device is connected to an active Wi-Fi connection.
- Go to iPhone settings and tap general
- Find software update option
- Tap download and install
Delete And Reinstall The App
Another thing you can do to fix a frozen app is to delete the application from your phone and reinstall it again. Follow the below-mentioned steps to delete the app:
- On the home screen, press and hold the icon of the app that you need to remove.
- When you see a cross on the corner of the application tap on it.
- Finally, tap delete to erase the app from your phone.
- Open the app store find the app and reinstall it, once you have deleted it from your phone.
Follow The Three R’s
Restart, reset, and restore are the three R’s advised by Apple Support to overcome most of the IOS app-related problems including freezing and crashing.
- Begin with restarting your IOS device, if it does not help move on to the next step. As your device turns on try using the app again. If the app is still frozen it’s time to reset your device.
- Make sure your data is backed up before attempting a factory reset. This is because factory reset wipes out complete data from the device.
Just like factory reset, restore settings also lead to complete loss of data from the device. It is therefore wise to always backup your data at iCloud or iTunes.
We know how important your smart device is to you. Let our trusted technicians at Tricked Out Accessories take care of your issues. We offer all sorts of smartphone repairs, cleaning, and replacement services. Give us a call at 435-752-5301. Our stores are located in Utah and Hawaii