Table of Contents
Following are the top eight affordable phone features to look for when shopping for a phone
If you go into the market after some digging you will find a lot of phones that work far better than their prices. If you are buying on a budget you must know which features to look for in an affordable phone. Continue reading to find out more.
The Battery Capacity
- There are a lot of variables to consider when buying an affordable phone. But when it comes to battery life we want our phone to last at least till the end of the day. For phones with a screen smaller than 6 inches, the battery capacity should be 3500mAh or higher.
However, if you are shopping for a phone with a large screen, the minimum battery capacity should be 4500mAh.
Check The Compatibility Of The Phone
- It is important to decide before you purchase a phone whether you are ready to switch to the 5G bandwagon or you want to stick with LTE. Despite your choice, it is good to ensure that the phone you are buying has the appropriate band support that you need.
When you search for 5G and LTE bands, search by using the phone’s model number rather than its name. When you finally set your mind on a phone check to see if the phone supports the bands that best suit your preference and needs.
Call Quality And Connectivity
- When it comes to calling quality and data speed, connectivity has a huge impact. Always choose a phone that features a Qualcomm X12 or higher modem.
If a flip phone is under consideration, make sure it has the following features:
- Voice over LTE (VoLTE
- Voice over Wi-Fi (VoWIFI)
- Enhanced Voice Services (EVS)
These features are crucial for supporting the best call quality.
Operating System Upgrade
- Android 12 is the current version of Android. But only a few top-notch phones have this version. So for the sake of security and compatibility, avoid going back any farther than Android 10.
No matter what the manufacturer says it should be kept in mind that a budget-friendly phone will not get an Android version upgrade.
- When it comes to RAM the more the merrier. So look for at least 4GB of RAM if you are buying a phone under $200. Make sure to get a minimum RAM of 6GB if you are willing to spend more.
- Just like RAM the more storage you can get the better it is. So go for at least 32GB of storage on phones that are under the price of 200 dollars.
Also, ensure that the phone you are purchasing has a MicroSD slot. Opt for a phone with 64GB of storage or more, if you are spending more.
- Multi-camera stacks allow you to seamlessly capture wide-angle and macro shots. Most affordable phones come with multi-lens camera stacks.
If you have a steady hand and a good source of light, multi-lens cameras will allow you to capture solid images with their primary and wide-angle cameras.
- Strengthened glass is crucial for protecting the display from cracks and scratches. If you are spending more than 100 dollars on a phone, it is advisable to ensure that it has strengthened glass. The standard for most budget model phones is Gorilla Glass 3. A few of these phones also come with Gorilla Glass 5.
Each new generation of Gorilla Glass is softer than the previous versions, in general. For instance phones with Gorilla Glass 5 displays are less likely to shatter when dropped. But they are more likely to get hairline scratches.
If you are looking for the finest smartphone accessories and reliable repair services, contact Tricked Out Accessories. If you require our assistance give us a call at 435-752-5301. Our stores are located in Utah and Hawaii.