Table of Contents
Here are some tips to improve iPhone battery life, learn these easy hacks and increase your phone battery span
Battery life is the time period your device runs before it needs to be recharged whereas the battery lifespan is the amount of time your battery can last while providing 100% performance before it needs to be replaced. Both these parameters need to be maximized in order to make sure that you get the most out of your phone.
Apple has control of more than 25% of the worldwide market share when it comes to phones. iPhone users are increasing at a rapid pace and because of this new and better phones are being released at almost a yearly interval. These new phones come equipped with new and exciting features and functionalities but with these new features, the iPhone users worry whether their phone will last an entire day or not.
It is true that as the phone gets older the battery ages as well. So, a dip in overall performance and timing after a period of time is almost a sure thing. That being said, here are some tips and tricks that you can implement in order to ensure that you get the most out of your iPhone’s battery;
Keep Track of the app-by-app Battery Usage
- Your iPhone keeps track of all the applications that are consuming the majority of your battery in the form of a list. You can view this list in Settings > Battery. This list displays all the applications that have used up the majority of your phone’s battery in the past 24 hours or 7 days.
After going through the list you will be able to understand where a large sum of your battery is being consumed and then you can stop the applications that are draining your battery when you are not using them.
Lowering your Screen’s Brightness
- Powering the display of your iPhone is arguably the biggest drain on a battery. You can lower your screen’s brightness by using the slider in the control center.
In addition to this, you also have the option to turn on the Auto-Brightness feature. This feature automatically adjusts your screen’s brightness based on the light around you. By lowering your screen’s brightness you can almost guarantee an extended battery life for your iPhone.
Avoiding Extreme Temperatures
- All the new iPhones and other Apple products use Lithium-ion batteries because of their fast charge and longer lifespan. However, a major drawback of these batteries is that they are sensitive to extreme temperatures. This became so problematic that Apple itself shared a comfort temperature zone for all their devices which ranges from 0 to 35 degrees Celsius or 32 to 95 degrees Fahrenheit.
In addition to using your iPhone at an ideal temperature, it is also a great idea to avoid leaving your iPhone in closed spaces. This is advised because a lack of ventilation can increase the overall room temperature which can heat up your iPhone.
- In short, heat is a potential killer for your battery as it permanently damages the battery’s overall storage capacity. So in order to prolong your battery life, you should keep your iPhone in comfortable temperature zones.
Using Low Power Mode
- The low power mode is an extremely efficient tool for keeping your battery usage down to a minimum. It reduces or completely disables features like Hey Siri, email fetch, automatic downloads, and background app refresh. The low power mode also sets your phone’s Auto-Lock at 30 seconds.
When your battery goes below 20% charging, the iOS will offer to turn on the low power mode for you. You can also toggle the low power mode yourself by going to Setting > Battery or by asking Siri to enable the low power mode.
Updating Apps Regularly
- Mobile Applications are the main sources of battery drain in your iPhone. These applications are always running in the background where they are consuming data and sending out notifications. You are able to manage these background app settings to suspend the applications when you are not using them.
Application developers keep introducing new features and functionalities to their applications. These applications often come laden with bugs that can have a negative impact on your iPhone’s overall performance as well as its battery life. So, it is important to go through the recent reviews of these applications before you decide to update them.
Using Dark Mode
- Using dark mode can increase your battery’s overall life by 30%. Using dark mode for large periods of time can reduce the stress on your phone’s battery which extends its overall health and performance and additionally it is good for your eyes so it is a win-win situation for both the phone’s and your health.
If you use some or all of these tricks and techniques, you can guarantee an increase in not only your iPhone’s overall battery life but also its performance.
But if you don’t notice a performance improvement even after implementing these settings this might mean that the battery’s lifespan is coming to an end and it is time for you to get your battery replaced.
Now, you might be asking yourself where can you find a company that you can trust with taking care of your valuable iPhone with expert care and minimum hassle. Well, look no further. Tricked Out Accessories has been dealing with mobile phone repairs for phones of all the top brands out there for the past seventeen years and with the introduction of their mobile repair service they will come to you to fix your phone thus saving you from the hectic ordeal of driving yourself to the store and waiting in line to get your phone fixed.
So, you can contact us today at Tricked Out Accessories for all your battery replacements and other phone repair needs.