Read below 10 practical hacks to speed up your phone like a pro
While a new phone provides a quick and smooth performance, it does not remain as fast when it gets older. It is irksome for the users who greatly rely on their smartphones for daily tasks. If you are dealing with these frequent slowdowns, here is what you can do.
Uninstall Unused Apps
- Most phones come with preinstalled apps that occupy unnecessary space. Fortunately, you have an option to uninstall these unused apps. Go to the Apps option in Settings to see all the installed apps on your phone. Another way to identify unused apps on your device is the Files by Google app. Once you know which files are unneeded, uninstall them to free up storage.
One of the most important tips for speeding up your phone is restarting your device at least once a week. This will help clear the memory cache. Moreover, you will see a noticeable improvement in your phone’s performance.
Free Up Storage By Clearing Cached Data
- Google’s file management app can be used for analyzing your android device for unused files and apps. This app comes in handy when you want to find unneeded files occupying your phone’s storage.
It is especially useful if you are using a phone with a limited amount of internal storage. In addition, it allows you to share files with another phone.
The app has a simple interface with two tabs:
It allows you to get an overview of the storage left on your device. Moreover, it offers tips to free up space.
In the files tab, you can easily clear apps and cached data.
Keep Your Phone Up To Date
- Manufacturers regularly introduce new updates that support bug fixes and offer other stability improvements. Monthly security updates issued by Google are important for mitigating security vulnerabilities. Therefore Android users should watch these updates and install the latest updates to enjoy performance improvements and security enhancements.
For an enhanced experience, install the recommended update as soon as it becomes available. Head to About Phone in the Settings and click on a System update to check if an update is available for your device. It is also advisable to update all the applications to their latest version.
Increase The Speed Of Animations
- Android gives its users the ability to change the speed of animations. It can be done by digging into the hidden developer option and enabling it on your phone. Navigate to your phone’s settings, go to Software Information, and click on Build Number. Now tap the build number to enable the developer option.
Once you have done that, go back to the settings page and select the Developers option at the bottom of the page. Again scroll down the page to find the Window Animation Scale option. By default, it is set to 1x, but it can be changed to 0.5x to speed up animations.
Install A Custom ROM
- The older android devices do not get as many software updates as the high-end Android devices. Most manufacturers offer two android version updates and an additional year of security updates. So if your phone is at least two years old, it may have stopped receiving new Android version updates.
This is where the power of a custom ROM comes in handy. A custom breathes a new life into an old phone. The best among the custom ROMs is LineageOS. If your phone is not getting the Android 11 update, consider installing a custom ROM.
If you are looking for the finest smartphone accessories and reliable repair services, contact Tricked Out Accessories. If you require our assistance, give us a call at 435-752-5301. Our stores are located in Utah and Hawaii.